What’s your favorite soup?
Do you have a favorite soup everyone requests?
On a cold, gloomy day, this soup is sure to warm any soul. It is one of the most delicious soup recipes you will enjoy! A thick and hearty soup like stew.
Mrs. Kerry would bring it to church potluck or a late night dinner after caroling in town. Here is her shared base recipe. The best part of this recipe is it can be altered so many ways to suit to your palate.
- Brown 2 pounds of burger in a frying pan. Once brown, drain grease add 2 Tablespoons butter, season, and add 2 medium onions diced. Saute until translucent.
- In a large stockpot, start to bring to a boil 6 cups of water. Add 1/4 cup of bullion.
- Meanwhile, dice 5 stalks of celery, add to stockpot.
- Thinly slice 9 carrots. Add to stockpot as well.
- Slice 10 medium-large potatoes into desired bite size. Add to stockpot.
- Once vegetables are soft, add burger and onion mixture to the vegetables.
- Add 1/8 cup dried parsley and 3 teaspoons of basil to the stockpot.
- Next add 2 xlg cans of prepared wild rice or 6 cups from your prepared (fully cooked) rice pot.
- Return to boil.
- Add an xlg can each of cream mushroom and cream chicken soup.
- Adjust liquid as desired with milk. Mrs. Kerry makes it thick, and only adds 3 cups, but it can be adjusted as desired.
- Once steamy again, add one package of shredded cheddar cheese. (This can be substituted with Velveeta if you want a cheesy broth with more liquids.)
- Serve in bread bowl with cheddar cheese, crumbled bacon and sour cream.
Happy Autumn! Happy Homemaking!!!
You must be logged in to post a comment.