Ladies, Let’s Be A Witness
Ladies, God has a job for us to do!
God did not save us just so that we could go get out of going to Hell. Think about it, if the only reason for getting saved was to go to Heaven, he would have taken us the moment you called upon His name!
Jesus wants all souls to be saved. Our world should be better because we are in it, not only because we are making it a better place to live, but for our desire to see souls saved too! Be a witness. Tell others what Christ has done for you. Our priority should be to witness for Christ!
“For the Son of man is come to seek and to save that which was lost.”
Let’s read the TEXT: John 4:4-39 and deduct 5 Keys to Being a Good Witness from this passage.
When therefore the Lord knew how the Pharisees had heard that Jesus made and baptized more disciples than John, (Though Jesus himself baptized not, but his disciples,) He left Judaea, and departed again into Galilee. And he must needs go through Samaria. Then cometh he to a city of Samaria, which is called Sychar, near to the parcel of ground that Jacob gave to his son Joseph. Now Jacob’s well was there. Jesus therefore, being wearied with his journey, sat thus on the well: and it was about the sixth hour. There cometh a woman of Samaria to draw water: Jesus saith unto her, Give me to drink. (For his disciples were gone away unto the city to buy meat.) Then saith the woman of Samaria unto him, How is it that thou, being a Jew, askest drink of me, which am a woman of Samaria? for the Jews have no dealings with the Samaritans. Jesus answered and said unto her, If thou knewest the gift of God, and who it is that saith to thee, Give me to drink; thou wouldest have asked of him, and he would have given thee living water. The woman saith unto him, Sir, thou hast nothing to draw with, and the well is deep: from whence then hast thou that living water? Art thou greater than our father Jacob, which gave us the well, and drank thereof himself, and his children, and his cattle? Jesus answered and said unto her, Whosoever drinketh of this water shall thirst again: But whosoever drinketh of the water that I shall give him shall never thirst; but the water that I shall give him shall be in him a well of water springing up into everlasting life. The woman saith unto him, Sir, give me this water, that I thirst not, neither come hither to draw. Jesus saith unto her, Go, call thy husband, and come hither. The woman answered and said, I have no husband. Jesus said unto her, Thou hast well said, I have no husband: For thou hast had five husbands; and he whom thou now hast is not thy husband: in that saidst thou truly. The woman saith unto him, Sir, I perceive that thou art a prophet. Our fathers worshipped in this mountain; and ye say, that in Jerusalem is the place where men ought to worship. Jesus saith unto her, Woman, believe me, the hour cometh, when ye shall neither in this mountain, nor yet at Jerusalem, worship the Father. Ye worship ye know not what: we know what we worship: for salvation is of the Jews. But the hour cometh, and now is, when the true worshippers shall worship the Father in spirit and in truth: for the Father seeketh such to worship him. God is a Spirit: and they that worship him must worship him in spirit and in truth. The woman saith unto him, I know that Messias cometh, which is called Christ: when he is come, he will tell us all things. Jesus saith unto her, I that speak unto thee am he. And upon this came his disciples, and marvelled that he talked with the woman: yet no man said, What seekest thou? or, Why talkest thou with her? The woman then left her waterpot, and went her way into the city, and saith to the men, Come, see a man, which told me all things that ever I did: is not this the Christ? Then they went out of the city, and came unto him. In the mean while his disciples prayed him, saying, Master, eat. But he said unto them, I have meat to eat that ye know not of. Therefore said the disciples one to another, Hath any man brought him ought to eat? Jesus saith unto them, My meat is to do the will of him that sent me, and to finish his work. Say not ye, There are yet four months, and then cometh harvest? behold, I say unto you, Lift up your eyes, and look on the fields; for they are white already to harvest. And he that reapeth receiveth wages, and gathereth fruit unto life eternal: that both he that soweth and he that reapeth may rejoice together. And herein is that saying true, One soweth, and another reapeth. I sent you to reap that whereon ye bestowed no labour: other men laboured, and ye are entered into their labours. And many of the Samaritans of that city believed on him for the saying of the woman, which testified, He told me all that ever I did.
(John 4:1-39 KJV)
1. Jesus needed to get to this woman, and nothing was going to get in His way. We begin with “And he must needs go through Samaria.” She was not an accident he bumped into that had a need, he sought this particular woman. He went out of His way to go to her. Even though he may have been tired or did not feel good, he witnessed to her anyways. Vs 6 “Jesus therefore being wearied”. Ladies, do we strive to get to those in need? To reach and pray for those of whom God places on our heart so fervently, like our Lord’s example? Are we too busy to witness for Christ? Do we go out of our way to make time to tell others of Jesus? What He really did, in your life and within your heart? Are we willing to go out of our way to get to others in need? Making an appointed time solves this. If we schedule it, we will do it!
2. Jesus cared. He was concerned. Jesus didn’t pick and choose, but saw those in need. Do we really see the needs of others inside of church and in our everyday? Do we go out of our way to show we truly care? Whom will you walk past today, but they may be gone tomorrow? Did you witness to them? Perhaps everywhere we go today, we will look and search for needs. We strive to meet those needs if possible, because we care and love others indeed! However, do we really look deep and see their true need, Christ? Do we really care for their inner soul, the thing that matters for eternity?
“And I give unto them eternal life; and they shall never perish…” John 10:28
3. Jesus told her of her need, and that he could give her eternal life. “…he would have given thee living water.” When we talk to others about Christ, we must point them to Jesus. We can tell others what happened to us and even pray with them, BUT Christ is the only one that can save a soul. Jesus offered hope to this woman. We must not forget to give glory to God about what He has done in our life, AND share that hope with others. Let us remind and tell others today that he can do that for them too!
“Hereby know we that we dwell in him, and he in us, because he hath given us of his Spirit.” 1 John 4:13
4. Jesus pointed out her spiritual need. Jesus spoke to the woman about how she was living with a man who was not her husband. He did not condemn her, He wanted her to see she had need. “For all have sinned and come short of the glory of God.” When we witness, the person has to see their need to be saved, before they will ever get saved. True fact, many people do not understand what a sin is, and that everyone does sin. (Adam’s sin curse.) I do not know where you serve, but for the first time in years; we have been meeting people that have NEVER heard the name of Jesus, nor HIS saving power. It is no shame on the people, but displays the state of the church and homes. We as Christians, as the church and people need to lovingly display Christ and show/tell people their true need for repentance and salvation.
“For the wages of sin is death; but the gift of God is eternal life through Jesus Christ our Lord.” Romans 6:23
5. The woman was saved. She began to tell others about Jesus and was saved. Being a witness is simple. Tell others about what happened in your life. “…is not this the Christ?” In so doing, you will be used of God to lead others to HIM! And, they may begin to tell other about what happened to them. PRAISE GOD!!! An amazing thing to be privileged to be apart of! What could be better than growing the family of God, making new brothers and sisters in Christ; all while pleasing and obeying our Lord! Ladies, let’s trust Him & HE knows best!
1 John 5:13 “These things have I written unto you that believe on the name of the Son of God; that ye may know that ye have eternal life, and that ye may believe on the name of the Son of God.”
What a privileged and honor to serve our LORD! Is there someone that the Lord has put on your heart? In the late hours of the night or early morning, it is not uncommon for the Lord to lay someone on my heart. Immediately, I pray for them. Sometimes though, He does put someone on my heart and I call them, just to find out they have a need or the Lord’s perfect hand of timing. Is there someone the Lord has laid on your heart? Or perhaps you are concerned about their faith and salvation? How could you go about telling them the gospel? Does everyone we talk to about Christ listen? Maybe not, but it does plant seeds. Just leave them (the seeds) there, you never know when they may sprout or someone else goes by and does the watering!
So Ladies, let’s be a witness to all we meet and go out of our way when the Lord puts someone on our hearts to not only pray for; but be a witness too.